Monday, May 2, 2011

Gathercoal::Moore Wedding 4.22.11





WOW! What a sweet couple this was! Melissa Gathercoal was actually my customer at Formally Yours, and we got to talking about her wedding and she pretty much hired me right then and there! She loves color and wanted a very "wildflower" look. Her bridesmaids' colors were a mixture of greens, and she wanted a pop of purple and pinks. She hated the idea of sprays on the alter so I came up with the idea of stringing smalls buds of flowers to hang from the alter. Originally we had planned to hang votive candles but because she was getting married in the spring, the sun stays out so late that it wouldn't show up, so I found these amazing crystals to hang on the ends. She also wanted to scatter rose petals down the sides of the aisle, but no blanketing! Just a light scatter! (She also hated the idea of roses but it's so hard to get away from them in the flower business lol) I threw some in here and there but not noticeable. Melissa was able to hit the jackpot with mason jars! She had a friend of the family that let her borrow all of the ones we used. We hung them at the end of the rows at the ceremony with a mixture of flowers and then gathered different sizes together to create the centerpieces for the reception. Overall I believe she was very satisfied and her vision for her wedding was complete! I loved working with Melissa! Hopefully they will hire me again for her sister's wedding next year! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I wish you had done the flowers at my wedding Lindsey, that was probably the one thing I wasn't completely happy with :( But atleast I had a beautiful dress becasue of you!

    ReplyDelete